0121 358 0008
Section A: Definitions
We/Us/Our: Matthews Estate Agents
You/Your: A user of the website
The Website: www.matthewsestateagents.com
Data/Details: Any information that a user of the website provides to us through any of the contact, enquiry, or registration pages or forms.
Section B: Introduction
The website is operated and managed by Matthews Estate Agents to offer and provide services to customers. When you submit your data through this website, it will be forwarded to the email address 'firstname.lastname@example.org' where a member of our team will act upon any of your enquiries where necessary. It may be essential for several members of our team to share your data with each other in order to fulfil your requirements.
Section C: What Are Your Rights?
• You have the right to be notified of how your data will be used.
• You have the right to access a copy of your data that we are currently retaining.
• You have the right to amend any inaccuracies in the data we have collected.
• In circumstances where we aren't legally obligated to retain your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your data and request that we delete it.
Section D: What Data Do We Collect?
During the course of your interactions with us, the information we collect from you may include but is not limited to:
• Your name
• Your landline and/or mobile telephone number
• Your email address
• Your postal address
• Copies of proof of your address
• Your date of birth
• Your payment and/or financial details
• Copies of valid photographic identification
• Your national insurance number (NiNo)
Section E: How Will Your Data Be Used?
Once your data has been collected through either our 'Contact Us' page, enquiry or registration forms, we will use your data to meet your demands and provide a high quality service. This may include but is not limited to:
• Using your data to provide information on the properties that you have made an enquiry about or that match the requirements you have registered with us.
• Using your data to provide information on the sales and/or lettings services that you have made an enquiry about or that we think may be of interest to you.
• Using your data to carry out identification checks in accordance with our legal obligation to conduct anti money laundering searches.
• Using your data to ensure that you are in a financial position to proceed with the purchase or renting of a property. Additionally, it will be often necessary to share your data with third parties in order to complete essential tasks. See Section G to find out more.
Section F: How Long Do We Retain Your Data
Due to our legal obligations, there are certain circumstances where your data will be retained by us for a given period of time.
More specifically, if you participate in any financial transaction with us such as the sale of your property we are required to retain your data for seven years. Additionally, if for any purpose we have had to carry out an identification check, this data must be retained for five years as a result of money laundering regulations.
Outside of our legal obligations, we may retain your data if you have expressed an interest in a specific property in order to keep you informed of other properties that we believe you may be interested in.
Section G: Who Do We Share Your Data With?
In order to proceed with the sale or letting of a property it is often necessary to share your data with a number of third parties. These may include but are not limited to:
The data of the buyer and seller of a property will be shared with each other's respective solicitors in order to complete the sales process.
HM Land Registry
If you are a seller or landlord we will use HM Land Registry to confirm your ownership of the property.
ID Check Provider and Reference Provider
If you are a tenant we will share your data with an ID check provider to ensure that you have the right to rent in the UK as well as a reference provider.
Deposit Protection Service
If you are a landlord or tenant your data will be shared with an allocated deposit protection scheme to ensure that the tenant's deposit remains protected.
In the event that a property is placed under auction, the data of the seller and any potential bidders will be shared with the auction provider.